Re: [opensuse] Re: kotd nongpl kernels for beta3
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 01:27:32 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Pete Connolly wrote:
On Sunday 05 February 2006 22:46, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

Hi Ebarhard

This nasty inconsistency is still not fixed yet.
What is going on at SUSE?
Do we have to see a loss of quality with the loss of Hubert?

I seem to recall problems just like this even when the blessed Hubert was
working for SuSE. The distro is barely a beta, but you're worrying about
the top brass losing quality. It's a nice way to praise Hubert, it's also a
nice way to pour scorn on all the other hardworking SuSE people who are
trying their best to work with the community to produce the best Linux
distro.

Problems can be solved, missing packages can be rolled into a distro. Very
harsh words can't be taken back once they're spoken. Nobody is trying to
hurt the project, so let's keep it that way, yes? :)

If you would know me, you would see that my words were in no way harsh.

I had claimed this inconsistency (the "harsh" word) as "<something> is newer" 48 hours before, with no reply and no reaction.

It is a quality management failure, even if it should have been there already at Hubert's time, and it is addressed now.
It was already addressed 48 hours before, but I guess exactly those people who are claiming "too harsh" now had not enough sensitivity for the first
notice.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)