Re: [opensuse] Atheros wireless drivers in Suse 10.1 Beta3
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:00:42 +0100
On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 12:17:01PM +0100, Christoph Thiel wrote:
> For all I know the kernel-*-nongpl packages have been blocked for Beta3
> intentionally. Andreas can probably give some more details on this.

Such decissions should be announced. Up to now I found more bugs in the
distribution system (intentional or nor) than in the product itself during the
10.1 release cycle. This can be interpreted as pretty high product quality or
a pretty bad quality of the distribution system. And if someone tells you
then after some time of saying _nothing_ about it that the breakage was
intentional then this is _extremely_ annoying

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx