KDE 3.5 Upgrade Problem -- python-qt
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:14:53 -0600
I have the pre-release KDE 3.5 installed OK on SuSE 9.3. Got it from SuSE
supplementary source via YaST's "Install and Remove Software" about a week
ago.

Now I want to update to the official 3.5 release but ran into a problem. It
has a missing dependency: kdebindings3-python requires python-qt which is
apparently not available. The pre-release 3.5 version does not have this
package but it also didn't call it out as a dependency.

kdebindings3-python is required in turn by hplip -- needed by CUPS to support
my HP Laserjet printer.

So, it seems I cannot install the official KDE 3.5.

Does anyone have a way around this?

Bob