Re: [SLE] To compile 64 bit?
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:37:20 +0800
B. Stia wrote:
> This is what I got when I tried it. Don't understand what the error
> messages mean.

I'll try to explain by group:
> EasyStreet:/home/bob/installing/new # rpmbuild --rebuild --target=x86_64
> smart-0.40-12.guru.suse93.src.rpm
> Installing smart-0.40-12.guru.suse93.src.rpm
> warning: user pab does not exist - using root
> warning: user pab does not exist - using root
> warning: user pab does not exist - using root

<snip redundant> He builds as a user, which was pab. You were not, and
do not have that user on your system
> Building target platforms: x86_64
> Building for target x86_64
> sh: kde-config: command not found

Interesting.
joe@jmorris:~> locate kde-config
/opt/kde3/bin/kde-config
joe@jmorris:~> rpm -qf /opt/kde3/bin/kde-config
kdelibs3-3.5.0-14

> error: /usr/src/packages/SPECS/smart.spec:44: parseExpressionBoolean
> returns -1
> error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
These are variables usually placed in the spec file, but he must place
them in his ~.rpmmacros file which is used to build as a user. If you
added the above to the spec file, it might build. I'm not sure since
kde-config was not found.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871