Grub suddenly crashed...
  • From: Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:48:15 +0400 (GMT)

Hi all!!
My SuSE 10.0 suddenly crashed. I have a dual booting machine and it gives me an "Error 16" when trying to load Grub. I booted from SuSE Linux CD and choosed "Resque System". Than I checked my partitions with command "cfdisk" so I noticed that my windows is on hda1 and hda5, and I have hda6 for Linux and hda7 for Linux Swap. When I mount for example "mount /dev/hda1 somefolder" or "mount /dev/hda5 somefolder" it goes well, but when I mount "mount /dev/hda6 somefolder" it says : "Mount: Operation Not Supported"

Have anybody got some ideas?

P.S. I installed Linux from DVD , but booted the resque from the 5CD versions CD1, maybe the problem is in that? Though I doubt it

Thanks in advance

< Previous Next >