Re: [SLE] 10.0: Amarok issues: freezes when handled & won't play files with odd charachters
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:03:47 -0600

>Jonathan,
>
>On Monday 28 November 2005 16:25, JW wrote:
>> Just installed SuSE 10. Amarok, which was a fairly nice application
>> in 9.3, will "freeze" for about 5, 10 seconds whenever I do anything,
>> such as queue a track, add media, or use the sidebar.
>
>I'd wager you have a HyperThreading CPU and have not updated to Amarok
>1.3.6 (available from Guru's RPM repository).

Ok so from Guru's site I installed amarok-1.3.6-1.guru.suse100.kde34.i686.rpm,
as well as the supporting RPMs that went with it.

>Let us know if upgrading fixes the problem, OK?

Unfortunately it did not fix either problem, in fact, I think the freezing
issue is worse - it will freeze sometimes now when I just move my mouse over
the application (not clicking anything, just moving).

I will try disabling HyperThreading the BIOS if that's an available feature,
just to see if it works better. I haven't had time to try yet. I'll let
everyone know show it goes.

Thanks.

Jonathan Wilson

  • No further messages