Re: [SLE] NEW KDE 3.5 Upgrade Problem -- python-qt AND MORE!
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:35:34 +0800
Robert Paulsen wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 03:50, Francesco Teodori wrote:
>
>> Skip the kdebindings3-python package. It's what I did and everything work.
>>
> Well, things have gone down hill! I decided to take all the advice and not
> install the kdebinding3-python package.
Advice was skip, i.e not update, not to not install (semantics maybe).
> Unfortunately when I now run "Install
> and Remove Software" I get some *additional* missing dependencies and
> conflicts. Here is a summary. Yes, it does read like nonsense.
>
> + installed not available
> + is not available
> + not not available
> + k3b 0.12.8-3b.pm.2 conflict

As you can see, this is a packman rpm.
> + kdebindings3-python 3.5.0-8 conflict

Did you uninstall the pre-release kdebindings3-python? Why would this
be showing up to update?
> + python-qt not available

A known problem with the latest released package, thus the need to not
update that package.

> two days ago I only got the last one (or two) messages. Clicking on the "+"
> next to k3b gives an interesting result:
>
> k3b requires is
> k3b requires not
> k3b requires installed
>
> My *guess* is that someone updated k3b on the servers but got the rpm SPEC
> file wrong. It thinks it requires three packages named "is", "not", and
> "installed"!

Again, that one is a packman rpm. It should be reported to them, not
here. Just disable that source and try again.
> I tried the main SuSE ftp site and two mirrors and got the same results. Just
> in case something went wrong with my system I tried "rpm --rebuilddb" but
> that made no difference.
Care should be taken in reading and looking at error messages in Linux.
They are actually usually very helpful and informative, not at all like
the MS blame game.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871