Re: [SLE] Straw Poll: Has GNU/Linux Replaced Windows on Your Boxes?
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:24:31 -0500
On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 16:59 -0500, DC Parris wrote:
> This is just a straw poll. I'd be curious to know how many people are
> running a pure GNU/Linux environment - SUSE or otherwise. If your job
> requires Windows, and you don't own the business, don't include that.
> Please include:
>
> <> Number of GNU/Linux boxes vs. Windows boxes (personal or SOHO use)

5 systems - 3 dual boot win/linux 2 Linux only

> <> Systems configured to dual-boot (only if Windows is rarely used)
> <> Any reasons why you still keep a Windows box or copies of Windows around

One dual system was provided by my sons school board, and will revert
to win only when he finishes high-school, another dual system is for
playing games and getting virus', the third is for my tax software,
which considering the cost of the software and the cost of AV software
is getting expensive.

> <> Length of time you've been Windows-free

My daughter has been win-free for over a year now, and she's hating
every minute of it as she does everything she actually needs to be able
to do on her system.