Re: [SLE] Postfix mail server
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:58:07 +0100
Paul Cooper wrote:
Hi, i currenty have a couple of servers running a qmail/vpopmail that server
some mail for me. However i wanted to convert to postfix due to its good
reputation and the fact that i'm now using SuSE and it seems to be the
preferred server.

Postfix only transports mails, it does not offer pop/imap.

1) what are the requirements to get a server that authenticates SMTP
requests, serves imap/pop3 mail and does everything with virtual domains.

You need at least postfix, sasl and a imap/pop server working together.

I would prefer to use mysql as the virtual domain handling, however - the
default install of postfix on suse 9.3 doesn't support this correct? so...

Correct, the default only has support for ldap. Either compile it yourself or install a package that is compiled with support for mysql (Norrbring something offers those packages for Suse 9.3 at least.

Sandy
--
List replies only please!