Re: [SLE] Postfix mail server
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:42:07 +0100
Paul Cooper wrote:

I have DNS servers that point my MX records to my mail server. My mail
server collects and sends mail. Currently with qmail/vpopmail on a Red Hat
box. I've built a new server wiht SuSE 9.3 and want to set-up a better mail
server with postfix.

What do you want to implement in this better server?
Spamassassin, Antivirus, blacklists, smtp auth?

Is it necessary to have a good administration frontend, because you need to change settings daily?

I'll be hosting multiple accounts on the box, so i need virtual domains for
both SMTP auth and POP3 access.

No problem for any setup. The standard packages have support for LDAP compiled in, and the postfix book from Ralph Hildebrand and Patrick Koetter explaines very detailed and step-by-step how to set up such a server.

Sandy
--
List replies only please!