Re: [SLE] Postfix mail server
  • From: Paul Cooper <mail.phatlip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 05:30:45 +1100
On 12/3/05, Paul Cooper <mail.phatlip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/3/05, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Paul Cooper wrote:
> >

> > > 2) (when attempting to send mail from another node in the lan)
> > > do_auth : auth failure ... [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
> > >
> > > however - a simple testsaslauthd -u <user> -p <pass> return success?
> > >
> > > in my smtpd.conf i specify saslauthd as the pwcheck_method - what is PAM doing?!
> >
> > Did you also try to specify smtp as service when you used testsaslauthd?
> > testsaslauthd -s smtp -u <user> -p <pass>
> >
> > Sandy
> > --
> > List replies only please!
> > Please address PMs to: news-reply2 (@) japantest (.) homelinux (.) com
> >
> > --
> >

> Yes i got SASLAUTHD_AUTHMECH=pam
>
> Mechanisms:
>
> saslauthd 2.1.2 authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam
> rimap shadow ldap
>
> smtpd.conf:
>
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> mech_list: plain login
> auxprop_plugin: sasldb2
>
> when i specify the service i get denied access, obviously PAM was
> reading from the /etc/passwd file - because i was using a UNIX user to
> test auth.

Oh, and no errors when starting postfix (and i can send mail from
localhost without an issue)

Here is the postconf -n:

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
defer_transports =
disable_dns_lookups = no
home_mailbox = Maildir/
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/html
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mailbox_command =
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailbox_transport =
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
masquerade_domains =
masquerade_exceptions = root
message_size_limit = 10240000
mydestination = srv2.webkulture.net, localhost.webkulture.net,
localhost, webkulture.net
mydomain = webkulture.net
myhostname = srv2.webkulture.net
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
relayhost = [webkulture.net]
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,check_relay_domains
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_sasl_security_options =
smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_use_tls = yes
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/valias
virtual_gid_maps = static:1004
virtual_mailbox_base = /srv/mail
virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/vhosts
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmaps
virtual_uid_maps = static:1040

< Previous Next >