Re: [SLE] vnc funny
  • From: Chadley Wilson <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:39:26 +0200
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 06:45 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2005 06:30 am, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > greetings,
> >
> > I have enabled vnc via xinetd, and when I connect to it is says at the
> > bottom of the vnc window on the windows PC, "nobody's x11 desktop
> > chadlap:1"
> >

> I think that was explained to me once as a result of the window belonging to
> the group, "nobody." I've never noticed an issue with it in terms of
> performance or usage.
>
> --
> kai
> www.perfectreign.com
>
> linux - genuine windows replacement part

Sorry for the late reply,

OK I have it working but it doesn't prompt the user for a loggin,
instead , it just asks for authentication, and then fires up a kvm
desktop. I would like it to present the KDM login and let me choose how
to logon, the problem is I can't find any setting for it.

I must be missing something.

Does anyone know ?

TIA

Chadley