Re: Straw Poll: Has GNU/Linux Replaced Windows on Your Boxes?
  • From: "T. Ribbrock" <admin_slox-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:20:21 +0100
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:59:03PM -0500, DC Parris wrote:

> <> Number of GNU/Linux boxes vs. Windows boxes (personal or SOHO use)

9 Linux (two of which dual-boot with Solaris/Sparc, one dual boot with
'doze) + 3 OpenBSD

> <> Systems configured to dual-boot (only if Windows is rarely used)

one - see above

> <> Any reasons why you still keep a Windows box or copies of Windows around

The odd program I can't get to run in Wine or on my SunPCi card. Last
candidates: Official Dutch Tax Return software (Linux release rumoured
to be scheduled for 2006), IKEA Kitchen Planner

> <> Length of time you've been Windows-free

Since 1999. (Started using Linux in 1997, got my wife to switch in
1999). There were a couple of years when I had no Windows install at
all. It re-entered when I got the SunPCi card and wanted to play with
it...

Cheerio,

Thomas