Re: [SLE] Azureus UDP port 6881
  • From: Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:33:06 -0400
On Thu June 30 2005 7:54 pm, Andreas Philipp wrote:
> That's why I usually check the available documentation before doing
> an update or accepting any automated update from within any
> application. I wish to stay in control and make informed choices.
> Now, JRE 1.5 IMHO is a big step forward in terms of performance and
> I feel it is worth the effort. I have both JDK 1.4.2 and 1.5.0
> installed on my machine; still the the JAVA_HOME environment
> variable points to the newer version.
I thought SUSE wouldn't let you install something without the required
software already installed..

> Now, if you really care about using the most recent Azureus, you
> should give the newer Java a try. It's your choice, you are in
> control.
no, I'm not really in control :)
I tried to do the update, but the local thunderstorms nocked out my
network connection, when I was only 38% done... and it took 30 minutes
to get that far!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800