Re: [SLE] Disappointed in 9.3
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:13:45 +0200
Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Was ruuning 8.2 and quite liked this distro. Decided to upgrade to
> 9.3. Wouldn't updgrade so had to install from scratch - big mistake!

I'm sorry to hear this.

> Finding 9.3 very slow. Took install suggestions as far as disk

What kind of hardware are you using?

> configure is concerned but do not really understand what happened. Told
> it may be something to do with the way the disk(LVM) is configured?
> Open Office keeps falling over. Desktop hangs quite often - what does

You can update OOo 2.0 from ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/OpenOffice...

> this remind you of? At least killing the X-server allows me to sign on
> again. Would like to be able to switch on/off NIS also network devices?

I don't understand what you mean with the last sentence.

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany