Re: [SLE] Suse 9.3 or kde problem with closing lid on IBM Thinkpads
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:05:41 +0200
"Khanh Tran" <khanh@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I just installed 9.3 and it's great, but I have a Thinkpad X40 which has
> a problem with the screen. If I close the lid and then open it again, I
> get about 5% of garbage on the top of the screen. It then offsets the
> mouse location so I have to click about 5% higher than the actual
> button.

You're using SUSPEND2RAM?

In that case read:
/usr/share/doc/packages/powersave/README.suspend2ram

and note that you have to add to the kernel command line the
following:

IBM Thinkpad X40 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode
(Type 2371-7JG)

> Anyone know how to fix this? I've been running sax2 and just testing
> the config to reset the screen, but I'd like to not have to do this.
> Also, I set the action for closing the lid in the thinkpad config to not
> do anything (turned off suspend).

So, what is happening with your system once you close the lid? If you
would do suspend2ram, the effect is known and fixed with the notes
above...

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany