Re: [SLE] Disappointed in 9.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 01:47:00 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-07-01 at 16:55 -0600, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> I'm about to try another install of 9.3 in the next few days -- maybe I'll
> wait until mid-week when I can get some more CDRs, and fetch the 5 install iso
> files -- but I doubt I will be using XFS, unless it can be demonstrated
> conclusively to me that this won't all just happen again.

Nobody can demonstrate that.

But I'm using 9.3 and several partitions types: ext3, reiserfs, xfs... no
problems. I have done forced reboots several times (I'm trying suspend to
disk and it crashes), and I haven't detected corruptions so far.

Your system might have hardware problems of some kind; for example, bad
memory can corrupt journalled filesystems.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson