Re: [SLE] How to remove panel message on Gnome Startup SuSe 9.3?
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:39:15 +0100
> I have been running SuSE 9.3 from 9.2 and usually run Gnome with
> Metacity. When the panels come up, I keep getting "I've have detected a
> panel already running, and will not exit" box with a don't enter icon.
> What do I do to not have this message come up every bootup to Gnome?

Sorry I've not replied sooner - I've been offline for a week...

What you could do is drop to a text console, login, and run killall -9
gnome-panel

This should kill all instances, and gnome-session should then
automatically restart one.

If that does work, log out, and check the save session box, then try
logging back in.
--
James Ogley james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GNOME for SuSE: http://usr-local-bin.org/rpms