gpg with email clients (was Re: [SLE] Dead Linux machines)
  • From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:44:29 -0400
Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:

>Sat, 02 Jul 2005, by robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx:
>

>>I like that "claimer", I might steal it O:-) - but I'm interested in some
>>other thing, those gpg headers of yours:

>>Do you mean that that header includes a gpg signature of your mail
>>contents? What can we use the check it? I have tried Pine, Balsa, Mozilla,
>>and kmail: none mentions anything about it. :-?

I don't know about balsa and kmail, but both MozillaMail and pine can
handle gpg-signed email and sign outgoing email. Google will turn up
good hits for you.

>I used to sign with GPG, but I'm not really convinced anymore that
>it is a usefull thing on mailinglist, so I stopped doing that.
>However, if someone wants to send me an encrypted mail for any
>reason, he or she can still find the neccessary info in my headers
>to do so.

The only reasons I can see at this time for gpg-signing email would be
to prove that someone has tampered with the contents of your email
and/or to prove that the email came from you.

>Theo

do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care to live.
-- Bradford Angier

< Previous Next >