Re: [SLE] Dead Linux machines
  • From: Tim Grant <tgrant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:37:41 -0400
On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 20:18, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Although it's not the way we're doing things now, it makes a hell of a
> lot more sense to stop creating enemies than it does to try to make
> yourself impervious to every conceivable, or even every feasible mode
> of attack those enemies could muster.

Don't know what you're smoking, but I want some!

Sorry, couldn't resist..... not ranting, just serious banter. :o)

I'm a peace-through-strength-nic. If you are breathing and have
something worth having, you'll either have enemies at a distance or
serve them up close. I'd rather do the former. Consider Kuwait's
history with Iraq.

As for the topic of the post, if EMP is an issue there will be a
sufficient change in our lifestyle that I wonder how many of these
solid-state things will still be pertinent.

Tim Grant
West Point '81