Re: [SLE] Moving Grub from MBR
  • From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:09:19 -0400
James Wright wrote:

Don't you have Windows right behind the MBR? I'd be careful here. You
might wipe out Windows.

Greg Wallace

Yes I do have Windows, and that was my concern. Do you think Windows will boot (as it prefers to be on the first partition). I am wondering if I should shrink Windows a tad, and make a small first partition for the boot loader. After reconfiguring Grub for the new partition, would this potentially work? Thank you BTW Darryl, for the clear instructions. I can try this at home first, as I have the same partition setup at work and home (XP & Suse, just two partitions).

James W