Re: [SLE] editor for LaTeX
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:31:26 +0200
Allen Wilkinson wrote:
Maura,

I use LyX as GUI editor for LaTeX. A version is in the SUSE distro.

Allen Wilkinson

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:

I've started to write my thesis with LaTex but since I have many math
expression, and derivations, and figures ... it's taking me forever.
I was told by another student just today that there exist a sort of graphic
tool that make life much easier at using LaTeX to prepare long documenrts ...
I would be thankful if you could help me find it.

Thank you,
Maura

LyX is wysiwyg, but (in particular for a book or thesis) a bit inflexible. Kile is basically a text editor, but a big help for LaTeX (special keyboard shortcuts, automatic closing brackets and \end statements and a lot more bells and whistles). So for a book I'd definitely recommend kile.

Best regards,

--
Jos van Kan www.josvankan.tk

< Previous Next >