Re: [SLE] How to remove panel message on Gnome Startup SuSe 9.3?
  • From: Adam Vazquez Kb2Jpd <adamvaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:17:29 -0400
James Ogley wrote:

I have been running SuSE 9.3 from 9.2 and usually run Gnome with Metacity. When the panels come up, I keep getting "I've have detected a panel already running, and will not exit" box with a don't enter icon. What do I do to not have this message come up every bootup to Gnome?

Sorry I've not replied sooner - I've been offline for a week...

What you could do is drop to a text console, login, and run killall -9
gnome-panel

This should kill all instances, and gnome-session should then
automatically restart one.

If that does work, log out, and check the save session box, then try
logging back in.

Nope, it doesn't. Still pestering me when restarting in Gnome. I really don't like KDE since my screens are set as OSX style.

I wish there are more man pages and descriptions of all the little files created by these window managers. It is a persisant thing, so I am guessing a variable in a config file Iwill have to change.

Adam