Re: [SLE] As if ...
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 07:36:52 -0400
On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 13:01 +1000, Colin Carter wrote:
> As if I am browsing my hard disk with Konqueror and
> I select the 'UP' arrow button in the top left corner
> I just might want to open the superior directory
> with GIMP, or maybe with a media player ???
> WHY is this configurable under "File Associations" ?
>
> Yep, I've done it again:
> Somehow I have accidently 'file associated' a directory with
> Konqueror and guess what: "Konqueror cannot handle this type of file."

And somehow this is the fault of SuSE?

If you are going to blindly make changes without documenting the changes
you can expect to have problems. Document the old setting -before-
making the change so you have a reference for how to change back. If
that is not possible then create a new user that will have default
settings to use as a reference point for when you "accidentally" change
something and break it.

Also -any- OS has it's learning curve, whether it is the OS you start
with or switch to.

--
Ken Schneider