Re: [SLE] OT Memory question(s)
  • From: roach <robert_spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:36:08 +0200
On Sunday 03 July 2005 13:05, James Knott wrote:
> It's hard to determine what you're saying.  The amount of memory
> shouldn't change, with moving the memory around, unless the mother board
> has some restriction on memory placement.  Does it?  It is entirely
> possible that an apparent memory error will occur, if there's a poor
> connection, caused by dirt etc.  I wouldn't call a reduced amount of
> available memory "free of defects".  If you can't access some memory
> that's plugged in, there's a problem somewhere.

I had a problem recently with a MSI motherboard. It wouldn't see all the
memory and sometime see no memory at all, depending on DIMM placement. A BIOS
upgrade fixed the problem.

Check motherboard manufacturers website to see if this is a known problem with
that specific motherboard.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg