Re: [SLE] OT Memory question(s)
  • From: roach <robert_spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:45:50 +0200
On Sunday 03 July 2005 22:25, AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx wrote:
<...>
> Probably the RAM sticks are low quality ones and are defective.
> My motherboard is a AOPEN AX6BC Pro.  The only 256Mb SDRAM dimm tested
> by AOPEN (Mitsubishi M5M4V64S20ATP) as shown on their website seems to
> be no more available anywhere.

Try testing your RAM with Memtest86 or Memtest86+. Comes with Suse
Installation DVD in boot menu.

No point in buying new memory if that's not the problem.

Some other debugging suggestions:

- Test RAM in PC. #Confirm if RAM is bad.
- Test RAM in other PC. #Verify RAM is bad.
- Test RAM in PC with cache switched off. #Rule out bad cache RAM.
- Test in PC with other RAM. #Try to rule out bad motherboard.

Hope this helps.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg