Re: [SLE] OT Memory question(s)
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:15:50 -0700
Robert,

On Sunday 03 July 2005 22:45, roach wrote:
> On Sunday 03 July 2005 22:25, AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx wrote:
> <...>
>
> > Probably the RAM sticks are low quality ones and are defective.
> > My motherboard is a AOPEN AX6BC Pro.  The only 256Mb SDRAM dimm
> > tested by AOPEN (Mitsubishi M5M4V64S20ATP) as shown on their
> > website seems to be no more available anywhere.
>
> Try testing your RAM with Memtest86 or Memtest86+. Comes with Suse
> Installation DVD in boot menu.

Bear in mind that as Intel has produced new processors, MemTest86 has
required updating. E.g., on my current system the MemTest86 from the
9.1 boot / install disk just crashes. The one from 9.3 is OK, as is the
latest from the MemTest86 Web site.

> No point in buying new memory if that's not the problem.

And likewise there's no point buying new memory if a MemTest86 crash
makes you think there's a problem with your RAM but there is no such
problem.

> --
> Robert "roach" Spencer

Randall Schulz