Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:06:43 +0100
On Monday 25 Jul 2005 01:16, Donald D Henson wrote:
> Dylan wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 Jul 2005 22:57, you wrote:
> >>I entered the host name of a client machine,
> >>linux.
> >
> > Where did you enter this?
>
> I used YaST to set up a client machine. That's where I entered the
> host name.
>
> >>When I try to access the exported directory, I get an error
> >>message that the host cannot be found. I'm sure that what I've said
> >>above is insufficient data. Can you either see what I'm doing wrong
> >>or ask some clarifying questions?
> >
> > Can you send the contents of /etc/exports from the server and
> > either /etc/fstab from the client or the command you typed to mount
> > the nfs export?
>
> /etc/exports:
>
> /home/dhenson/Documents/UOP/ linux(ro,root_squash,sync)

OK, this is fine, except that if you specify an individual host by name
then you DO need to have working name resolution (DNS or /etc/hosts.)
Also, what is the host name of the server, and each client?

> /etc/fstab:
Right, there's no nfs entry there, was that from the client or the
server?

Are we sure we are talking about the same machines as client and server?

Dylan
--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
(Chinese Proverb)

< Previous Next >