Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:47:02 -0600
Dylan wrote:
> On Monday 25 Jul 2005 01:16, Donald D Henson wrote:
>>Dylan wrote:
>>>Where did you enter this?
>>I used YaST to set up a client machine. That's where I entered the
>>host name.

>>>Can you send the contents of /etc/exports from the server and
>>>either /etc/fstab from the client or the command you typed to mount
>>>the nfs export?
>>/etc/exports:
>>
>>/home/dhenson/Documents/UOP/ linux(ro,root_squash,sync)
>
> OK, this is fine, except that if you specify an individual host by name
> then you DO need to have working name resolution (DNS or /etc/hosts.)
> Also, what is the host name of the server, and each client?

Host name of server = toshiba

Host name of client = linux

>>/etc/fstab:
> Right, there's no nfs entry there, was that from the client or the
> server?

The fstab was from the server.

> Are we sure we are talking about the same machines as client and server?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I am using two machines on an
Etherfast (100 Mb/s) network, hardwired. For learning purposes, I'm
using a laptop (toshiba) as my server and a desktop (linux) as a client.

--
Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network