Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 05:59:26 +1000
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:06, Dylan wrote:
> On Monday 25 Jul 2005 01:16, Donald D Henson wrote:
> > Dylan wrote:
> > >
> > > Where did you enter this?
> >
> > I used YaST to set up a client machine. That's where I entered the
> > host name.

> > > Can you send the contents of /etc/exports from the server and
> > > either /etc/fstab from the client or the command you typed to mount
> > > the nfs export?
> >
> > /etc/exports:
> >
> > /home/dhenson/Documents/UOP/ linux(ro,root_squash,sync)
>
> OK, this is fine, except that if you specify an individual host by name
> then you DO need to have working name resolution (DNS or /etc/hosts.)
> Also, what is the host name of the server, and each client?

I suggest you use IP numbers ONLY in the /etc/exports otherwise you will be in
trouble. Please refer to the man page for details on this.

Therefore I recommend you use the following entry
/home/dhenson/Documents/UOP/ 192.168.1.0/24(ro,root_squash,sync)

Please subsitute the first three parts of ip address of "linux" with the
192.168.1.0/24 entry above. e.g if the ip address is 10.1.1.5 then enter
10.1.1.0/24

--
Regards,

Graham Smith