Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:32:38 -0600
Graham Smith wrote:

> I suggest you use IP numbers ONLY in the /etc/exports otherwise you will be in
> trouble. Please refer to the man page for details on this.
>
> Therefore I recommend you use the following entry
> /home/dhenson/Documents/UOP/ 192.168.1.0/24(ro,root_squash,sync)
>
> Please subsitute the first three parts of ip address of "linux" with the
> 192.168.1.0/24 entry above. e.g if the ip address is 10.1.1.5 then enter
> 10.1.1.0/24

Did that. YaST was unable to find the NFS server when it did it's scan
for NFS servers on this network. I entered the IP address for the server
set up on toshiba manually. I was then able to access the exported
directory and set a mount point. When I finished, YaST reported:

Unable to mount NFS entries from /etc/fstab

However, it appears to have mounted it anyway. Now I can't get rid of
it. I'm beginning to think that YaST has a problem.

--
Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network