Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:57:08 -0400
On Tuesday 26 July 2005 10:32 am, Donald D Henson wrote:
> Thanks. I find that the hardest part of learning to do anything in Linux
> is learning the terminology.
You are probably correct, but in the case of FQDN, this is not a Linux or
Unix terminology. If you were a Windows system administrator, you would
need to learn Windows terminology.

In this world of Computers, we happen to live in an acronymical world. And
in many cases we recycle acronyms.

Additionally, a while back I attended an AIX presentation, and being a long
time Unix developer and former IBM mainframe person, I found that IBM has
effectively used a large number of its own acronyms replacing the
relatively standard Unix (and Linux) acronyms.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group