Re: [SLE] NFS install of 9.3 from downloaded FTP directory
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:21:33 +0100
On Tuesday 26 Jul 2005 22:51, Ubence Quevedo wrote:
<SNIP>
> I did not
> however not download the nosrc,

You need the nosrc directory as it contains some necessary packages.

> src, and x86_64
> directories because I didn't see them on the .iso
> files, plus I don't need the 64-bit files because it
> is a 32-bit system. I'm not using the .iso files
> because PostgreSQL is not included.

You could use them and simply d/load postgres and any dependencies you
need, or point yast at the ftp site after initial install.

> I put the files
> on another system, shared out the directory to the
> world with read rights, and connect to the NFS share
> just fine to do the install, it is when it comes to
> the graphical part where it tells you what it is going
> to do with your system is that it says it can't find
> the installation files. I have the i586, i686,
> noarch, and setup directories in a suse directory that
> resides in the NFS share. Isn't this all that I need?

You need all the files in the 9.3 directory, ./boot ./media.1 and parts
of ./suse (not sure if ./docu is needed)

Dylan
--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
(Chinese Proverb)