Re: [SLE] Help - libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:03:01 -0400
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:17, Hem C Reddy wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> Could you help me how I can reinstall the package as I
> am relatively new to Linux.
>
> Thanks,
> hem

Hi Hem (and "Eagle Eye" Anders! Simply amazing....)

I don't know how soon Anders will see your question and this is easy, so I
hope he won't mind my stepping in:

1. YaST -> Install & Remove Software module.

2. At the top left of the module window, select "Package Groups" as your
filter.

3. In the left pane, scroll to the very bottom of the package groups list and
select "ZZZ All". The right pane will then display every package available at
your distribution installation source(s.)

4. In the right pane, scroll down to the package "libstdc++" and click on the
checkbox to select it for installation.

5. Click the "Accept" button and, assuming there are no 'hiccups' in the form
of conflicting or missing dependencies, the libstdc++ package will be
installed.

HTH & regards,

- Carl