File/Directory Permissions.
  • From: Jay Paulson <jpaulson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:06:35 -0500
Quick question about file permissions. I was wondering what the command line was for setting a directory so that users of the same group can read, write, and execute a file. Also, I was wondering what the command line was for when setting a directory permission/ownership was so that anyone in the group can write to the directory. I thought it had something to do with the sticky bit however, I'm not sure what the sticky bit does.

Thanks.