Re: [SLE] Edit a .ps file ? OT
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:01:32 -0500
On 7/27/05, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BandiPat wrote:
> > What version of Acrobat reader are you using? Have you updated to
> > version 7.x yet?
>
> How does anyone edit anything with Adobe Reader. I have version 7 here.

Actually, you _can_ _not_ edit with the reader. What you can do, is to
fill forms, if they are present in the proper way in the document -
i.e. as fillable. And even then (at least with the windows version in
the past - 5.0), you can not save the result. You can only print it.

If this is just some form, which is drawn in some other app, and then
converted to pdf, then the reader is of no help.

But, gimp can open .ps and pdf files. So after you import it there,
you can add text on the appropriate places.

If you find gimp inconvenient for such a job, you may take a look at
inkscape <http://www.inkscape.org/>. As vector drawing program, you
may have better results.

Cheers
Sunny