RE: [SLE] Reclaiming Windows partition for SUSE
  • From: "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:04:50 -0400
My dual-installs of SuSE have all ended up with the Windows partition
mounted somewhere in the linux directory tree. I think /windows/C but
I'm not positive.

In any case, `mount` should show you if there's an NTFS or FAT partition
mounted under /windows when you're booted into SuSE.

If not, take a look at fdisk -- `man fdisk` will give you usage info.
That'll let you get a listing of the partitions on the drive.

Once you've got the Windows partition (/dev/hda#, most likely) you can
use mkreiserfs to format the partition, mount it as /data (`mount -t
reiser /dev/hda# /data`) and then fix the fstab file...