Re: [SLE] exact audio copy in linux
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:16:12 -0400
On 27 Jul 2005, suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks, but I meant something SIMILAR to EAC in windows.
> I think kb3 uses cdrecord or cdrdao for ripping CDs and they
> don't read the audio tracks as securely as cdparanoia or EAC.

k3b does use libcdparanoia when compiled on a system with cdparanoia
installed. See the "Optionally" section here:

http://www.k3b.org/

> Furthermore you can not set the reading offset with them that
> also may be necessary for making exact copies.
> IG

This is true. However, you might not need that when you select the "clone
copy" mode in the burning dialog.

Charles

--
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?"