Re: [SLE] Real Player 10 - No sound??
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:29:05 -0400
On 27 Jul 2005, drankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK, I see where you inserted artsdsp. But the question is "Why was this
> require on my system??" It is a stock 9.3 system with official updates from
> opts.tamu.edu??

It looks like on 9.3 artsd is not set to auto-suspend by default (you can do
this in kcontrol). However, if you use that method, no other kde apps and
other apps (unless you have a multi-channeled card) can output sound during
your realplayer playback.

Charles

--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
(Bruce Ediger, bediger@xxxxxxxxxxxx, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)