Re: [SLE] exact audio copy in linux
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:16:41 +1000
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:20, Graham Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:05, Gabor Istvan wrote:
> > Dear list members:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program for linux that can be used to
> > make an exact copy of an audio CD? Something that works
> > similarly to windows exactaudiocopy (EAC).
> > I tried to use cdparanoia - and it makes perfect rips -, but I
> > don't know what tool I can use to write the wav out to a CD
> > since I don't have a cue file with the index positions.
>
> Xcdroast maybe what you are after.

I should have been more specific, xcdroast will do direct copies of music cds,
I have used it in the past. It is very easy to use, especially if you have
two cd drives, one a reader the other a writer.

If you are using 9.3 it should be on the SuSE DVD otherwise you can download
it from SuSE.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith