Re: [SLE] Gnumeric not works - SuSE 9.3
  • From: Audrius <audver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:06:25 +0300
On 7/26/05, Stan Goodman <sgood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ** Reply to message from Audrius <audver@xxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 26 Jul 2005
> 10:42:17 +0300
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I like to use Gnumeric when do simple calculations. But in SuSE 9.3 in
> > default installation Gnumeric acts strange. When I input integer
> > number like 10 or 12 it does calculation. If I input 1,2 or 10,23
> > numbers in calculations it refuses stating that this is "Invalid
> > expression". If I input in cell 1,2 or any non integer number it
> > rounds it down to integer, i.e., 1,2->1,00 , 2,8->2,00 etc.
> >
> > From where I can get normally working Gnumeric?
> >
> > My locale is Lithuanian, but I do not think that it is problem...
> >
> > Audrius
>
> Audrius...
>
> Excuse me for taking an ignorant shot in the dark: Is it possible that, for
> your locale settings, or some desktop setting, it wants to see "1,2" rather
> than "1.2"?

:-) no, that is not a case...

> More probable: There must be a setting in Gnumeric for the number of decimal
> places allowed. Is it possible that it is set to 0?

No. Cell is set to General. Even if I set cell to Number with 3
Decimal places, when I input 1,3 Gnumeric rounds it to 1,000.

> Do you live in Vilnius? I spent two weeks there a few years ago, and
> was enchanted by it.

Yes. I live in Vilnius... And it keeps to change very quickly and now
looks even more beautiful!!! If you get another chance to visit us -
do it!

Audrius

PS: I suggest you to travel in whole country - Lithuania is amazing!