I can't rescue a non-booting suse 9.0
  • From: Sean O'Keeffe <limericksean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:47:00 +0100
Hi,
My system isn't booting and is giving the message below (shortened). I
know i have to rescue it by booting from the cd.

The root file system is currently mounted read-only. To remount it
read-write do..

bash# mount -n -o remount,rw /

Attention: Only Control-D will reboot the system in maintenance mode.
Shutdown or reboot will not work.

However, my 19" lcd monitor goes out of range when I select the rescue
from the CD. So I go back and boot from HDD again and start sax2. I
switched resolution to 800x600, 1024x768 and 1 or 2 others and each
time I rebooted from the CD, the monitor is out of range. I was hoping
to find out the resolution parameters to set so I can see what I am
doing in a system rescue.
Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Sean.