Re: [SLE] Writing a program
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:50:16 -0400
On Thursday 28 July 2005 2:17 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> This won't fit your requirements, but it will likely fit those of your
> intended end users better than your current plan: make it web based
>
> With a solution based on linux, apache and PHP (or python, or even perl
> if you have a masochistic bent) you would get something that looks
> better, is easier to use and above all maintain, and would be orders of
> magnitude faster and simpler to develop
I was going to make that suggestion also except that his requirements were
for a console app. We also did not mention which database. Most of the
languages mentioned have good access to MySQL and Postgres. The down side
on the web is that you must run a web server that is less secure than a ssh
server.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group