Re: [SLE] Extracting Audio from Uncompressed *.mov Files
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:22:51 -0400
On Thursday 28 July 2005 16:42, Scott Jones wrote:
<snip>
> If you have mplayer installed, it's pretty simple to extract the audio:
>
> mplayer -vc dummy -vo null -ao pcm:file=filename.wav file.mov
>
> then you can use something like lame to convert to mp3:
>
> lame -h filename.wav filename.mp3

Thanks for the insight, Scott! I'm just guessing here:

'-vc dummy' tells MPlayer to use dummy video hardware
'-vo null' switches off the video output
'-ao pcm:file=filename.wav' writes the audio output to filename.wav

Looks like I've got some reading up to do on MPlayer's CLI capabilities. This
could be *extremely* helpful and I really appreciate the heads-up!

Andrei,

Whether or not this procedure works, and I'm pretty sure it will, would you be
willing to share a sample of (or from) one of the uncompressed .mov files for
experimentation?

- Carl

< Previous Next >