Re: [SLE] Packman as Installation Source
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:04:07 -0500
On Thursday 28 July 2005 17:49, Alfredo Cole wrote:
> El Jueves, 28 de Julio de 2005 16:12, Robert Paulsen escribió:
> > The other day I got some real good advice about how to set up Packman as
> > an installation source for YaST's "Install and Remove Software". This
> > worked great for installing Mplayer and getting its dependencies.
>
> (...)
>
> Robert:
>
> Could you share the exact steps you followed to setup Packman as a YAST
> source?
>
> Thank you.

Sure.

1. Open YaST Control Center
2. Open "Change Source of Installation"
3. Select Add->HTTP
4. Put "packman.iu-bremen.de" in server name field.
5. Put "suse/9.3" in directory field
6. Click OK
7. Use the "Up" button to move it to the top of the list.
8. With the new Installation Source highlighted in the list, select
Edit->Refresh. (This step turns outn to be important -- see Anders
Johansson's post to this thread.)
9. Now you can run the "Install and Remove Software" app from YaST to install
off of Packman.