Re: [SLE] POP3 Server start?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 00:21:57 +0200
On Monday 02 May 2005 04:14, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > 9.3. So, to answer your questions, it is hardly worthless without, but
> > AFAIK it will NOT work with plaintext passwords. My advice, make an ssl
> > certificate, and have the users access via pop3s, port 995.
> > --
> > Joe Morris
> > New Tribes Mission
> > Email Address: Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx
> > Registered Linux user 231871
>
> How do you distrubute the SSL public key to all the clients?

How do you do it with https?

When the connection is opened, the server sends its public key to the client
and the client sends its public key to the server, and then each side
encrypts with its secret key.

The only distribution problems arise if you want to be able to verify the
certificates.

Anders

PS. Please trim your signature. 17 lines is just a little over the top

< Previous Next >