RE: [SLE] Validation against SAMBA
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:13:16 +0200
> Anders Norrbring wrote:
>
> >>Did you look into the logfile on the domain controller? What errors are
> >>logged there?
> >>What is the content of /etc/nsswitch.conf?
> >>Is nscd running? If so, shut it down.
> >
> > Nothing at all in the log files on the SLES9 PDC, the 9.3 workstation's
> nscd
>
> On the PDC the services winbind, smbd and nmbd should run. NSCD seems to
> hinder winbind, so he should be shut down on the PDC.
>
> > is switched off, and it's nsswitch.conf contains this;
> >
> > passwd: compat winbind
> > group: compat winbind
>
> Looks okay. How did you integrate the workstations into the domain?
> I usually have the task to integrate a linux box into a windows domain.

I found one thing, the SLES9 didn't run winbind. Works fine anyway for
joining by Windows XP clients. They validate users perfectly fine to it.

To integrate the 9.3 box I did it at install time, when asked for how I
should validate users, I marked SAMBA, then I was asked to join the domain,
that I did.
Then all the rest, finally a complete reboot and only root could log in,
noone stored on the SLES9 could log in.

Anders.