RE: [SLE] Validation against SAMBA
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 12:21:39 +0200

> are
> > >
> > > Nothing at all in the log files on the SLES9 PDC, the 9.3
> workstation's
> > nscd
> >
> > On the PDC the services winbind, smbd and nmbd should run. NSCD seems to
> > hinder winbind, so he should be shut down on the PDC.
> >
> > > is switched off, and it's nsswitch.conf contains this;
> > >
> > > passwd: compat winbind
> > > group: compat winbind
> >
> > Looks okay. How did you integrate the workstations into the domain?
> > I usually have the task to integrate a linux box into a windows domain.
>
> I found one thing, the SLES9 didn't run winbind. Works fine anyway for
> joining by Windows XP clients. They validate users perfectly fine to it.
>
> To integrate the 9.3 box I did it at install time, when asked for how I
> should validate users, I marked SAMBA, then I was asked to join the
> domain,
> that I did.
> Then all the rest, finally a complete reboot and only root could log in,
> noone stored on the SLES9 could log in.

Still doesn't work..
On the workstation i get a note in log.winbindd:
May 2 11:47:43 siri-lnx pam_winbind[16275]: request failed: No such user,
PAM error was 10, NT error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

On the domain controller I only have one single reference to the
workstation, it's in /var/log/YaST2/y2log:

2005-05-02 11:35:07 <1> beata(18632) [Perl]
modules/Users.pm(Users::CommitUser):3139 commiting user 'siri-lnx$', action
is 'add_user', modified: 0, ldap modified: 1

Anders.