Re: [SLE] Networking CUPS?
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 04:41:24 +1000
On Thu, 5 May 2005 04:14, Peter B Van Campen wrote:
> I have installed CUPS as part of the standard 9.3 SUSE install, but when I
> go to localhost:631 and make a selection it askes that I logon. I tried
> root and my root p/w but that was not accepted. What is one to do at that
> point?
>
> PeterB

You should not be asked for a password when you connect to localhost:631 but
if you try to do any printer administration you will be asked for one. Unless
you have used lppasswd to assign a password you won't get any further.

man lppasswd
will give you full details for the command but I generally use

lppasswd -a root

to assign a password to root for this.

--
Regards,