Re: [SLE] Install SuSE 9.3 over FTP using the "mini" ISO
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:18:27 +0200
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 22:57 +0200, Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
> I downloaded the "SUSE-Linux-9.3-mini-installation.iso" image. Now, how do I
> install over FTP? I found a local mirros at
>
> http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/suse/i386/9.3/

Just for interest sake, you can do a 9.3 FTP install using the 9.2
Install CD. Yes, 9.2. It boots up with the 9.2 kernel, but the rest is
9.3. I've copied the contents of the DVD to our server at work and
installed all the workstations that way (didn't have the CD on me).

Works perfectly.

> But it looks as if I need a IP number to install via FTP, or do I
> misunderstand something (e.g. should the "mini" installer contain a mini
> system with YaST thatacn be used for installig the system?).
Yes. I my case it was
IP: 192.168.16.2
Dir: suse/9.3

You'll have to find what exactly you're using. In the mirror you quoted
it would be:
IP: 130.225.247.87
Dir: suse/i386/9.3

That mirror doesn't seem to be complete though.

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy